Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thurs. Oct. 6, 2011 - cookies!

Riley is ready to add some ingredients to the mixing bowl.

Shaking orange sugar onto a pumpkin

Making a bat cut-out, love the focus!

Taste-testing the final product; yum!


The NorCal rainy season has officially begun. It poured all day today so we stayed inside and made Halloween sugar cookies. Riley is such a good baker. As soon as I pulled out some ingredients she climbed up to the cabinet and said, "Time to make the dough." Her pouring skills are improving so we end up with a majority of the ingredients in the bowl rather than on the cabinet. She knows the names of most of the ingredients (flour, sugar, salt etc.) and we like to smell the vanilla and almond extracts. She plays with her own bit of dough, flour and rolling pin while I roll out dough, then we cut our shapes - a pumpkin, cat, bat and Frankenstein. Of course, the best part is tasting our fresh-from-the-oven cookies, something she is very good at. It was a perfect rainy day activity, one I love sharing with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment