Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011 - more animals

Riley teaching her baby to use the potty (now if only Riley would use it!)

She loves the tractors, Grandpa Leon should be proud.

Checking out the bunnies

Riley and Selina chasing the peacock

Petting a chicken

After grinding some corn the kids got to throw it at the chickens, who ran towards them surprisingly fast when the feed arrived.


This week we spent more time exploring Ardenwood Farm. Once again, Riley chased that poor peacock. Lucky for him he is a very fast bird! She enjoys wandering through the barn and looking at the tractors. The green and yellow John Deeres are her favorite. This week the featured animal was the chicken. Riley loves the chickens and was very impressed with how fast they find the scattered food.

We've started potty training and have some very good days and some very bad days. She likes to sit on her little potty but doesn't always like to use it; she just sits and sits and sits. And she quickly learned to use "I have to potty" as a way to prolong naptime and bedtime. She did teach her baby to use it, very cute.

Meanwhile, the new baby is doing great. I survived the first trimester and symptoms are subsiding; I've finally managed to gain some weight. At my appointment this morning we heard the baby's heartbeat which is going strong and measured 150 beats per minute. Such a beautiful sound!

1 comment:

  1. Actually Selina almost caught the peacock. I had to keep telling her to slow down. The peacock's tail swept Selina's feet and a feather came off.

    And I think Riley is doing awesome with potty training! Selina is so far behind it's not even funny.

    Yay for baby heartbeat! Woosh woosh woosh....

    ReplyDelete