Daddy brought Riley a Hello Kitty toy back from Hong Kong. It bobs its head and she's mesmerized.
I've been going crazy recently, searching the kitchen for utensils, tupperware lids, etc. I didn't realize Riley was rearranging the kitchen. Before she was just taking everything out of the drawers and cabinets and scattering things on the floor so I always knew where to look. Now she very deliberately removes an item out of one drawer, places it in a different cabinet and shuts the door. So the potato scrubber ended up next to Seamus's canned food and all square lids were kept with our coffee. I just hope to find the turkey baster before Thanksgiving.
This week Riley figured out how to open doors. She can barely reach the handle, but stretches up on her tippy toes, pulls down on the lever handle and off she goes. Any privacy we might have had in the bathroom is completely gone, and keeping her in a room is no longer as simple as shutting the door. Fortunately the doors to the outside have round handles and are on the other side of the child's gate, so at least she's not escaping from the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment