Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3, 2010 - I'm healthy!

Riley had fun playing in a bucket of water while Daddy washed the truck and Mommy planted tomatoes

The kids sitting in the sun

So happy to be up on the couch next to her buddy (I'm not sure if Seamus is as pleased with her new skill, the couch used to be his santuary)

What? No, I'm not trying to steal electronics off the coffee table.

She loves to read, even cookbooks!


This week Riley had her 15 month check up. She is 31.5 inches tall (80th percentile) and 21 lb 14 oz (50th percentile). The dr. said that a general formula is to double a toddler's height when they are 18 months old to get a hint of their adult height. If you double Riley's height now, at 15 months, she'll be 5'3", so she's already predicted to be taller than me! Which is great, I need another person to reach the high shelves.

She continues to improve her on walking as well as other physical skills. This week she figured out how to climb onto the couch. She's managed to get up a few times in the past, but something clicked this week and she's on the couch all the time. She's very proud of herself, she usually sits and claps when she first gets up. Then she takes advantage of all the new things in her reach. Unfortunately she now has access to areas we had placed "off-limits" items. We need new hiding places!

No comments:

Post a Comment