The bay area is finally getting some hot weather, so Riley is mastering popsicles
Running in the meadow at the zoo. Its full of bumps and holes but she really wanted to play with the other kids
"Learn and Play" is a free class at our library. We start out making a circle around the carpet and singing songs and hearing stories
As usual, Riley is changing fast. She is almost exclusively walking, although she has a rough time with bumpy surfaces like grass meadows. She loves walking around and carrying stuff and is constantly moving things around. I can't find anything anymore.
She is also developing more and more words. "Dada" is now "Daddy;" if I call him dada I am corrected! She can repeat a lot of words and I'm worried that the day is near when she will repeat one we don't want her saying. Right now one of her favorite words is "hat." She will look around for a hat as she's walking, saying it over and over. When she finally finds one (her Illini baseball cap is a favorite) she puts it on her head, sometimes coming over for help with adjustments. When its naptime, if you try to take that hat off her head, a tantrum is sure to ensue.
Our girly girl loves makeup. She knows which drawer I keep it in and excitedly opens the drawer and digs in. She can't really see what she's grabbing, so she usually just takes whatever her hand lands on. Her particular favorite is lip gloss, thanks to Aunt Amy who taught her to use it (cap on) during our last visit to IL. I thought it was adorable to watch her play make-up until she figured out how to remove the cap from my lipstick. Now the drawer is childproofed and I carefully monitor her makeovers.
She is just so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment