Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 24, 2010 - Happy Father's Day!

I'm bored, let's get this party started!

Having fun in the pool with Mommy

Chillin in my cute coverup

Then I talked Daddy into a dip in the pool.

Steve seems a little more excited about the belly than Lisa

Here Daddy, I made this for you!

And this is how I did it.

Ok, let's move on to the present!

Daddy taught Riley how to drink out of a camelbak, an important skill for a hiker.

Riley is definitely Daddy's Girl!

Family dinner at Buffalo Bills

Walking with daddy

He picked her a flower which she held the rest of the night

And he even shared his icecream, what a great Daddy!

I'm very concerned that Riley knows to get my wallet out of my purse and find the cash. Isn't she a little young for that?

Our girly-girl in a dress, playing with her tractor

She loves watermelon as long as its still on the rind.



We had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. On Saturday we threw a couples baby shower for our friends Steve and Lisa Winchell. We hosted it at their house so we could all enjoy their pool, and had a great day hanging with friends, playing baby shower games that appealed to both sexes (like who can drink beer out of a bottle the fastest) and BBQing. They are due 2 days before Chad's birthday and Chad has given them permission to name the baby after him regardless of gender (its a surprise).

Sunday was a wonderful Father's Day for the 3 of us. We gave Daddy his gifts, including a homemade gift from Riley. I printed the poem "Walk a little slower daddy" on a piece of paper that Riley then "painted" with her footsteps. She loves doing crafts. I was very impressed that she showed Daddy how she put her feet on the paper, she really remembers so much! We had a little extra family time when Chad found a broken spoke on his bike and couldn't go on his planned Father's Day ride. We took him to Buffalo Bill's, a local brewery and restaurant. They have good food, a great family atmosphere and gave dads a free beer on Father's Day! Afterwards we went out for icecream and just had fun together. Its truly what Father's Day is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment