Aunt Amy says all girls need a pair of red shoes, so she got me my first pair.
Illini baby is all bundled up for a morning run. Ok, jog, but Mommy is pushing a stroller and controlling a dog, so its always a good workout!
Now that we are parents we are finding so many new things to do in our community. This weekend we went to Zocolo's, a cafe with a play area blocked off for kids. Chad and I enjoyed our coffee in lounge chairs and chatted with other parents while Riley played with all the toys and other kids. What a great Sunday morning!
Riley and I take advantage of the free classes offered by our library and try to go to one class a week. "Music and Movement" is, as you might expect, a lot of songs accompanied by hand motions, whole body movement, and dancing. "Learn and Play" involves some singing and story time but also has more play time for the squirmy kids. We have very nice libraries with huge kids' sections and I'm thrilled that we have access to these kinds of activities. Riley loves the classes and constantly surprises me with what she learns; she actually does some of the hand motions to "itsy bitsy spider" by herself. But she especially loves the social aspect, she is always making friends! Little girls particularly flock to her and she delights in their attention.
I forgot to mention that Riley had her 1 year pediatrician appointment a few weeks ago and as usual got a clean bill of health. She's 29.75 inches (75th percentile) and 19 lbs 13.5 oz (35th percentile). She dropped a few weight percentiles since her 9 month visit but our dr said this is very typical when kids become mobile. So we have a tall, lean, blue-eyed, blond hair daughter. Chad is shopping for shotguns already.
The first picture looks exactly like a small, bald Chad wearing red shoes! I think Riley will be ready for high heels very soon...if only the stores sold them in baby sizes.
ReplyDeleteLOL! A mini-Chad in red shoes! I've seen Suri Cruise in heels so they must make them pretty small, you just have a wait a little longer. Of course, I'd like her to master walking before we put heels on the poor baby, I can barely walk in those.
ReplyDelete