I'm 48 weeks old!
First hike of 2010!
Although we've had it for months, we never used the framed backpack carrier but everyone seems to like it
Happy 2010! The new year has brought big changes to our family. I have resigned my position at UCSF to become a stay-at-home mom. I love being with Riley all day and I am so happy that I have this opportunity. Chad is thrilled with the benefits of having a stay-at-home wife, it truly is the best thing for our entire family.
We've had a good start to the new year. Unlike most of the country (sorry midwesterners, I know you are digging out of the snow) we've had nice weather and took full advantage by hiking around a nearby lake. Mommy and Daddy completed a lot of child-proofing over the holidays. Very mobile Riley thoughtfully demonstrates weaknesses in our child-proofing every day, so its a work in progress.
Riley's official first word is "Dada." She's been saying it for a few weeks now and its recently reached a peak. I use this to my advantage whenever possible. Me: "Riley, who do you want to change your diaper?" Riley: "Dada! Dada! Dada!" I can count on this answer almost all the time.
Congrats Jen!! You are a wonderful mommy!!! So great that you can stay at home with Riley!
ReplyDeleteShe is so big!! Standing and talking, and sooo darn cute :)
Glad you had a nice Christmas and that you can go hiking in January! I am jealous!!!!! :)
Love,
Sarah
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteThanks, we're all so happy too! She is getting big, its crazy. And she's gone from just pulling herself up (and falling most of the time) to pulling up on everything and standing on her own for a few seconds. We can't believe how fast she learns!
We're hoping to make a visit to IL in the spring (gotta wait until you guys get rid of your nasty weather!). We'll have to get together, you'll barely recognize Riley from our last visit!
Love,
Jen