I'm 47 weeks old on New Year's Eve!
What's in here?
Santa gave Daddy flavored wood chips so he can grill for us. Its a step up from coal in his stocking.
The girls show off their Christmas PJ's (mommy's are from many years ago) while Riley models her new Uggs
Riley's Seasonings! (Daddy's gift but she liked to shake them)
When Daddy styles my hair...
Riley's first Christmas was simply wonderful. Chad and I had so much fun watching her open presents and play with her (and our) new toys. We just let her take her time in opening gifts, so it lasted for 3 days. Its great to extend Christmas! It was just the 3 of us for our Christmas feast but we still went all out with a ham (BBQd of course) and all the sides.
Chad only worked 2 days between Christmas and New Years so we had a chance to do fun family things. I got a new waffle maker so we had a big breakfast one morning and discovered that Riley loves waffles. One night we went to the Oakland Zoo for Zoolights. I had never even HEARD of such a thing, we are finding all kinds of new activities now that we are parents. Lots of trees and fences were covered in lights, and animals were outlined in lights. In the meadow they had all kinds of animals and holiday figures that lit up timed to music, it was impressive. Riley liked looking at the lights, her favorite seemed to be a jumping reindeer. As always, she enjoyed looking at the other kids as much as the show.
It was a special time for our little family and we'll never forget baby's first Christmas!
He Riley,
ReplyDeleteWho picked out your clothes? I would suggest you reconsider your fashion designer.
Love,
Grandpa Charlie