I'm 44 weeks old! (and posing like a supermodel)
Claudia, Martin, and 3 week old Matthias
Mommy and Riley singing and playing with jingle bells
A purple "My Auntie Loves Me" sleeper and a penguin...MUST be from Auntie Donna!
Riley is enjoying the holiday season. This weekend the 3 of us went to the Castro Valley Mother's Club Holiday party. I joined this club a few months ago and I've really enjoyed meeting the other moms (my playgroup was organized through them) and going to the events. Its a great club! And they organized a fantastic holiday party for the kids. There was a sing-a-long with jingle bells and other instruments, lots of crafts that we'll be able to do next year, and Santa and Mrs. Claus gave out gifts. She loves being around other kids and had an awesome time.
On Monday we went to the mall for some more Santa time. She loved looking at him, I think she realized that he is a pretty crazy dresser with lots of facial hair. No tears at all, although she didn't give us the huge smiles that she usually has on her face. But she has fun with people and seemed to enjoy it.
We also made a trip to Sacramento to visit friends. Its 1.5 hours away and I tried timed it so that we drove there during her morning nap and drove home during her afternoon nap. Luckily that worked out perfectly - she slept the entire time we were in the car. We visited Claudia, Martin, and their new baby boy Matthias. He is beautiful and the family is very happy. Then we stopped by Davis (just outside of Sacramento and on our way home) to have coffee with my friend Karl. I don't get to see my Davis friends as much as I'd like, and it was great to catch up with him.
Probably the biggest news of the week is that Riley FINALLY got her first tooth. I've checked every day since she started drooling and chewing on teething rings at the age of 4 months and today one poked through. She was having a harder time sleeping at night this week, but overall she wasn't very fussy or symptomatic. The bottom left tooth is her first one, and I can see the bottom right tooth just below the surface so I imagine her second will be out soon, too.
She's also waving more these days. It was completely adorable when she waved goodbye to Santa Claus!


No comments:
Post a Comment