Thursday, January 14, 2010

49 weeks

I'm 49 weeks old!

It was freezing in Atlanta but Mommy kept me warm

Stylin' baby

Aunt Donna and Jen

Cousin Tyler always made her laugh

And he read her stories, too!

Loving Great Auntie Donna

Her first time playing the piano

Flying with Great Uncle Kirk

She liked Aunt Donna's lasagna

Ok, she LOVED Aunt Donna's lasagna

She kept licking the tray!

Fun with Derek

Tyler put on an excellent concert

Hanging with Derek in his room

Great Aunt Donna reading her bedtime story

I have a ladybug on my head!

The girls

The Allan Family + 1: Kirk, Derek, Donna, Riley and Tyler


This week we went to Atlanta and had a blast! Chad had to travel for business so Riley and I tagged along and visited my Aunt Donna, Uncle Kirk and cousins Derek and Tyler. Being able to travel is a great side benefit to being a stay-at-home mom. It was the first time Riley met this family and she absolutely loved them. She went to Derek's basketball game (her first sporting event), read books with Tyler, watched football with the guys and shopped shopped shopped with Great Aunt Donna. Riley was thrilled to have constant attention and they all had fun playing with her. I loved having the chance to spend time with them, appreciated all the extra help, and found the trip very relaxing. Poor Chad had to work, but he did have some time to hang out with us.

A short rant about the airlines...they've done away with family boarding. We had to board the plane when our zone was called, after many other people were already seated. So I smacked other passengers with the diaper bag as I walked down the aisle because I was giving Riley most of my attention, and Chad hit a few seats with her carseat since its awkward to carry. Then everyone had to wait for us while we strapped her carseat into the plane seat and got into our row. Why they don't let families board first is beyond me. We didn't have any trouble with the increased security, both airports were helpful and efficient. Anyway, Riley did really well on the long flights. Its exhausting to keep her constantly entertained when she gets a little stir-crazy, but we received several compliments on how well she did. If the other passengers and flight attendants are happy, so are we! We're lucky to have an excellent traveling baby.

I'm also happy to report that she is saying "Mama" now and its definitely directed at me. Last night Chad was cleaning her face after dinner. She hates this and said in the saddest little voice, "Mama! Mama!" clearly wanting me to rescue her. She's figured out that Mama is the one who comes running when she cries. Of course she still wakes up every morning happily calling for "Dada;" apparently he is the fun parent.

2 comments:

  1. I love the blue sparkle shoes!! And I am definitely jealous that I didn't get to go to ATL! Glad y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I wonder who gave her such amazing shoes? They are adorable, we got many compliments. Next time we'll have to invade Donna's house together, it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete