We checked out Aunt Amy's new apartment
My first time at Papa Del's, AWESOME Chicago style pizza. Not that I know, Mommy wouldn't let me have any!
At Legends, my 1st campus bar (I can't believe we had our baby in a bar!)
I love Grandma Cheryl's pink couch!
Lots of smaller friends with whom to play
Riley has started giving kisses and liked kissing her 2nd cousin Kendall...although she made him cry the first time she tried!
After spending the beginning of the week in Normal and McLean, Riley and I headed to Champaign and Rantoul. While we waited for Daddy to finish up his work, Aunt Amy and Mommy walked Riley around the U of I campus and showed her some of the highlights. I really enjoy getting back there and seeing how things have changed and what has stayed the same. I showed Riley the dorm where Mommy and Daddy lived...ah the memories!
When Chad was finished working we headed to Rantoul to see Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Leon. That evening Riley also got to meet her Uncle Darren and Great Grandma Freese for the first time. She had fun with Great Grandma and just loved Darren. Over the next few days she spent her time playing with her grandparents and meeting lots of new family members and friends. She really enjoyed getting to play with her young cousins. Even though most of them were older, they taught her how to play with all her toys and were so sweet to her.
Our return flight was much easier than the outbound flight. It was shorter, we didn't have to stay in our seats as much, and Chad and I learned a lot on the flight out. Hopefully the trips will just continue to get easier.
We had a wonderful time visiting Illinois. Thanks to everyone who made efforts to come see us and sorry to those we didn't have a chance to visit. Huge thanks to our parents and siblings for all you did for us. Riley had a great time and can't wait to spend some time in the midwest again!
No comments:
Post a Comment