Saturday, September 10, 2016

Thurs. Sept. 8, 2016 - and just like that we have 2, 2-year-olds!


 The birthday fairies always visit our house the night before a birthday and decorate

 Chocolate waffles for breakfast


 Sharing with Daddy

 They love to run around and play outside

Time for birthday cake!

 I love making a special cake for each child's birthday. My Mom used this pan to make cakes for Amy and I

 The family

 Tristan

 Logan



 Time for presents!

 Yay, Leap Pads! Hopefully this will help entertain them during those long car rides to IL.


 They love reading books

 The girls cleaned up some of their old toys that have been kept in the basement and never seen by the boys. They love the vacuum cleaner.

 I can't wait until he can push the real one

 The girls showing the boys all the features of their new kitchen

 The Struensee's gave the boys a bubble machine

 It was a huge hit with all the kids


 Annika, another neighbor, made homemade bubble solution and wands to make big bubbles

 Hanging out

Some of our neighbors, Annika, Evan and Katya with Micaela and Riley

Happy birthday Tristan and Logan!


I cannot believe the twins are 2 years old! It doesn't seem like that long ago when I was lumbering around, pregnant with 2 babies. And now we have 2 little boys who run, jump, climb, talk, fight and love their family. We celebrated a little every day over the long weekend, mostly because they preferred to open their presents one at a time and still take naps so we can't schedule too much. We didn't throw a party this year, we just made sure to do special things with them. Some friends and neighbors stopped by at different times to play, which is exactly what the boys like to do. I asked them what kind of cake they wanted, white or chocolate, and Logan enthusiastically yelled, "Chocolate!" They certainly know what they like. 

Tristan is the leader. I think a lot of the trouble they get into is generated by him. He is always just slightly ahead of Logan at developmental milestones but Logan usually catches up within a week. He loves to wear shoes - his own and others - and it always on the go. Logan loves to push things - vacuums, carts, anything with wheels. He tends to be more reactive than Tristan but is also very loving and sympathetic whenever someone gets hurt. He loves to kiss and hug. They are genetically identical and being raised together in the same home, but they are very, very different people. 

I marvel every day at our "little men." I feel so lucky that we were chosen to raise identical twins. It requires a lot of energy and patience, and I will never catch up on all the sleep I've missed out in the last 2 years but its a privilege. We love these boys with all our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment