Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thurs. Sept. 22, 2016 - the Freese girls are hard core!

 Giant sunflowers!

 Tristan and Mommy hanging on a fallen tree

 The boys

With Pam's help, Riley climbed all the way to the top

A ride on Marty's trailer is always a highlight

 Riley playing soccer on a beautiful Saturday morning

 Mommy running a relay marathon on a beautiful Sunday morning

 My awesome family met me at the end of my 5.4 mile leg to cheer me on (and give me a ride home)

 3/5 of our relay team. We bought matching fluorescent green shirts so we could find each other more easily but it turns out that this is a pretty popular color for runners.


 Our little gymnast, Micaela

 Kicks across the floor

An impressive bridge


We spent our entire weekend outside and it was fantastic! On Friday we went to our friends Marty and Pam's house out in the country. The kids ran around and played in dirt, Marty pulled us in a trailer behind his four wheeler and we picked some tomatoes and peppers that are still growing in their garden. Its always nice to be invited out there and spend time with our friends.

On Saturday morning we all went to Riley's soccer game. The 2nd grade girls are learning more about the different positions on the field this year and they are actually playing a goalie, which is different than last year. Riley enjoyed playing with her team but eventually ended up chatting with the ref. We are just happy that she loves to run around for an hour and is learning the basics of soccer. Micaela and the boys got tired or watching the game but luckily there is a playground right next to the field, so they burned a little energy there. After the game we went to the farmer's market to grab more of the fall produce. It was nice to spend our entire morning outside as a family. 

On Sunday morning I ran the Fox Cities relay marathon with 4 friends. I had the 4th leg this year and it was nice to relax at home and make french toast while my team was out running the early legs. This is the second time I've done the relay and I really enjoy all the support and entertainment along the route. I was able to run faster than I had during training so that's always nice too. But the best part was seeing my family cheering for me at the end of the leg; I definitely ran faster to get to them (and pass off that timing chip to our last runner)!

Micaela is taking gymnastics right now and she is amazing. She's so strong, jumping up to straight arms on the bar is no problem for her. And her bridge is very impressive. I love watching her learn new skills.

This year I have joined Riley's brownie troop as a co-leader. Its been great getting to know the girls and to help Jaime, who has been their leader since Daisys and has done so much for the troop. Its a lot of work! They are participating in a fall sale of chocolate, nuts and magazines. If anyone needs any of these things...especially a MAGAZINE subscription renewal...please let us know! Being a brownie is very important to Riley and I'm excited about all the things the girls plan to do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment