Tristan is 39 weeks old!
Logan is 39 weeks old!
A Micaela and Mommy canvas
This is how we bake!
Cruisin'
Tristan likes to eat Seamus's dog food...
...and Seamus likes to eat Tristan and Logan's dropped food
"I'll pull everything out of the cabinet, you spread it around the house."
"Look Logan, let's learn to pull to pull ourselves to standing on the hard bathroom floor using the hard tiled steps. That should give Mom heart palpitations."
I'm not sure where they are going but it can't be good
"What else can I pull out of this drawer that they forgot to child-lock?"
Doorstops are the best
2 guys, hanging out with their lime-a-rites
But they are oh so sweet when they cuddle and sleep
I'm pretty sure that whoever coined the phrase "double trouble" had twins. Tristan and Logan are growing and learning like crazy. Remember a few weeks ago when I said they were learning to crawl but only liked carpet, that the hard floors acted as a barrier? It only took them a week to realize that they could scoot even faster on tile and hardwood floors. They can both pull themselves to sitting and standing and call out for "Dada" and sometimes "Mama." It feels like they both specialize in one thing then switch. For example, Tristan mastered the army crawl while Logan worked on his language and now Logan is crawling all over while Tristan babbles constantly. I also feel like one boy does it first then the other boy does it better. Logan managed to sit up first but then didn't do it againfor a while. Tristan learned the skill within 12 hours of observing Logan and now he's going from laying to sitting and back again far more frequently. I've seen this happen with several of their skills.
Learning means exploring and exploring means finding all the chinks in my child-proofing armor. I really do feel like sometimes they are actively plotting; one distracts me while the other goes and finds trouble. They certainly act together. One day Tristan pulled everything out of a cabinet. Logan waited right behind him and as each bottle and can was removed, Logan transported them somewhere around the house. I love that they work together, even if it is against me. They have already learned to make each other laugh. Tristan especially seems to be the comedian and Logan loves to watch him. I can't imagine all the crazy trouble that is in our future!








No comments:
Post a Comment