Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Thurs. Mar. 5, 2015 - Mommy's birthday and solid food!

 Tristan is 26 weeks old! (we made it to 6 months!!!)

  Logan is 26 weeks old! (we made it to 6 months with him, too!!!)


 Heading to the Houdini Elementary sock hop



 Birthday breakfast in bed




Our family project for kindergarten was to make a float based on a Dr. Seuss book. Riley choose the Tweedle Beetle paddle battle in a puddle in a bottle on a noodle eating poodle page from "Fox in Socks." Of course. 






 Tristan is wary of these mashed bananas 


 Logan liked them

 Wacky Wednesday


I had a great 39th birthday. Flowers, presents, cards, delicious cake, hilarious old pictures on Facebook, time with my family and time away from my family. Chad accepted babysitting offers from 2 women he works with so we could go out for a nice dinner. When we got home they said they thought it was strange that he asked them both to come on the same night but understood soon after we left. These 4 kids are crazy! But they make me so happy and, along with Chad, made my birthday week very special. 

Now that they are 6 months old we have started feeding the twins solids. So far they have eaten banana, avocado and butternut squash. They were both very cautious at first but overall seem to enjoy this new adventure. Squash is their favorite. Logan liked avacado at first but refused subsequent feedings so Tristan enjoyed his serving, too. Another benefit of being a twin!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa I didn't realize you turned 39! Looking good!
    So I gotta ask, did you get all dolled up for your birthday dinner, and then Chad wore a t-shirt??? Please tell me he at least wore some pants....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA actually we both looked very nice and everyone wore pants but I forgot to get a picture until after Chad had changed out of his dinner clothes. But since I never do hair and makeup I wanted one anyway. I really wish I had thought to ask one of the sitters before we left, since we both looked good and maybe someone over the age of 6 could have managed a picture that wasn't blurry/cut off heads/had a finger in it.

    ReplyDelete