Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Thurs. Jan. 15, 2015 - keep rollin, rollin, rollin, rollin, rollin

 Tristan is 19 weeks old!

 Logan is 19 weeks old!

 Our expert puzzle-maker really gets into her work



 Double teething, yikes!

 So, so sweet

 Micaela loves to take pictures

 Tristan assumes the "happy baby" pose

 Logan rolling around

Wearing crimson and gray to cheer on the Ohio State Buckeyes


This was an even crazier week than usual. Both of the twins have started rolling: Tristan first, then Logan 2 days later. Once they figured it out, they kept rolling everywhere. They often need to be pulled out from under furniture and a few times have rolled into each other and gotten stuck. Its so strange to set them down and find them somewhere else just a few minutes later. The house is not nearly child-proof enough for this kind of mobility. I'd planned to carefully go through the girls' toys and find a new home for all the chokable legos and barbie shoes down in the basement. Now I'm just throwing them down the stairs as I find them. I never expected this to happen so early!

Another event I didn't expect this early: teething. In the last 2 weeks they have really started to chew on their hands and drool more. They like textured teething toys or, even better, frozen teething toys. At their 4 month visit our pediatrician noted that she could see the whites of their teeth starting to come near the top of their gums, especially Logan's. I sense some rough months ahead, getting 2 babies through the teething phase.

Chad had to travel this week so I spent a few days on my own with all 4 kids for the first time. It was challenging and exhausting but its good to know I can do it. But I'm really, really glad I usually have a partner and appreciated him even more when he got home (especially since he brought me chocolate caramels). 

We took Micaela to see her first movie over the weekend. One of the local theaters is showing Disney movies and we knew she would love to see "Beauty and the Beast." And she did. Big sister Riley did a great job preparing her, saying, "There is popcorn and the biggest TV you've ever seen!" It makes me so happy when they take a break from fighting to take care of each other. 

At the twins' 4 month appointment the doctor was very happy with their development and said they are both growing and thriving. They are both in the 12 lb range with Tristan continuing to be about half a pound heavier, as he has been since birth. They have both been very healthy despite the awful illnesses going around the area, including our household. We aren't first time parents but with twins its especially reassuring to hear that they are doing so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment