Standing calmly at attention
Then working on her front kick
I taught the girls to make snowflakes for the first time (we used coffee filters, perfect!)
Riley did a great job
Micaela got help with the scissors from Mommy then liked the make it snow
Micaela loves to take pictures and she's a pretty good photographer
Feeding baby alive
This week we had another cold day when the air temperature was -20 and the wind chill went into the -40s and -50s. Wisconsin is pretty hard core, they only call school when wind chill is at least -35 so on Monday, when the high was -10, Riley still had school because the winds weren't too bad. We are going to be very tough! Per Riley's request we stayed in our PJ's all day. We had fun playing games and cutting snowflakes out of coffee filters.
Another milestone this week, I used the snowblower without any help from Chad. I'm awkward and I'm sure any neighbors who may have looked out their windows had a great show. I kept misjudging the wind and blowing the snow either back onto the part I had already cleared or onto myself. But its much faster than shoveling so I'm determined to learn.
Both girls are doing well with their lessons. Micaela is becoming more independent in the water and will kick on her own while holding onto a noodle or marshmallows (a stick with 2 pieces of styrofoam on either end). She has a lot of fun in the pool even if she wants to make up her own lesson plan sometimes. Riley is enjoying both her karate and yoga classes. I love watching her in both of them because they are so different. Karate is full of spirited boys who always run, kick and punch with a lot of energy. They are constantly reminded to listen and sometimes need to be taken aside to settle down. The yoga class is comprised of calm little girls who hold their poses and need to be encouraged to use their voices. Our little Riley fits into both classes.




No comments:
Post a Comment