Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thurs. Feb. 16, 2012 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Micaela is 11 weeks old!

Every kid at preschool wore red, pink and/or hearts

Mommy and Micaela had fun at the party, too

The kids loved the special snack their teachers prepared

Miss Vanessa working the griddle

Heart-shaped pancakes!

Riley enjoyed our candlelight dinner

A romantic Valentine's meal

I was serenaded by our after dinner entertainment

Riley is so talented she sings AND plays guitar!


What a fun Valentine's Day we had this year. I think every bit of food that Riley ate was either red or cut into hearts (or both). Even though it was Tuesday we went to preschool so she could go to her Valentine's Day party. The teachers made heart-shaped pancakes and served pink milk which really impressed the kids. Riley's teachers are so great, they really make the kids happy.

That night we had a special dinner of baby bok choy, mashed potatoes (heart shaped of course), grilled steak and chocolate raspberry souffle. We ate by candlelight, which Riley thought was awesome. With 2 kids its pretty tough to get out to a nice restaurant, but we had everything we needed at home. I made Riley a home-made valentine from Chad and I and she absolutely loved it. Its such a cute reminder that its the little things that mean so much to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment