Cleaning and maintaining the bikes with Daddy
Sorry I didn't get this post up last night, I just forgot!
Riley's teeth have really been coming in fast. She is drooling like crazy and sometimes is a little fussy but overall handles it really well. Her middle top 2 teeth came in a few weeks ago, and one of the lateral top incisors is almost out too. But the biggest surprise is that one of her molars popped out this week! Its a little out of the normal order, usually the middle 4 on the top and bottom appear before the molars. But like everything else, each child is different and Riley is on her own schedule.
She absolutely loves playing in the dirt. Sand at the playground, dirt in our potted plants, anything she can find. Fingerpainting results in pretty pictures now. Before she would just eat the paint but now she likes rubbing the paint on paper. Her fingers get sticky and she thinks its really fun to high 5 with sticky fingers. We encourage her to feel all the different textures and explore as much as possible. So some outfits have been permanently stained and relegated to play clothes, but I know this is just the beginning.
And Riley continues to channel her inner "Aunt Amy" and find trouble right under my nose. I was cooking dinner and vaguely aware of her playing near the fireplace. She was completely visible from where I was chopping veggies but I wasn't paying close enough attention. I didn't realize she had opened the doors, spread ash all over, and rub charred wood remnants into the floor while Seamus looked on. Wow, what a mess.
I am glad you were serving healthy veggies to our little Riley!
ReplyDeleteDon't call me back, we figured out your blog.
Joanie, Mom, Grammy, Pops
Glad you found it :) Hope you are all having fun!!!
ReplyDelete