So cute!
This was Grandma Cathy's little rocking chair!
Riley breezed past the eggs on her way to the dirt
Aunt Amy said I could do it!
We had a great visit with family and friends in IL. The 3 of us traveled back a few days before Easter and enjoyed spending the holiday with our families. Riley wasn't very interested in egg hunts, she much preferred to play in the grass and dirt.
Chad left a few days after Easter (someone has to fund this party!) while Riley and I stayed in Normal for another week. My roommate from college, Heather Sidman, brought her daughters Lizzie (4) and Mackenzie (20 months) from Chicago to Normal for a visit. We went to the Children's Discovery Museum where the girls had a fantastic time. It was great to catch up with them.
On Friday I went to Amy's exit seminar. She had defended her dissertation work the week before and gave a fascinating presentation on Chronic Wasting Disease, a prion (pronounced ˈprē-ˌän) disease affecting deer. She was an excellent speaker and fielded the questions with ease. I am so proud of her accomplishment!
In some ways this trip was more difficult than others because Riley is comfortable with her routine at home. Every few days we went to a new house and she was always very stimulated and needed to check out her new surroundings. After Chad left she became very clingy to Mommy, obviously upset at Daddy's departure. It didn't help that a new tooth popped through near the end of our trip, I imagine that was causing a lot of pain. So she wasn't quite her usual easy-going self that we're used to. But we still had a lot of fun and we're so happy we got to spend time with everyone.
I was nervous about the plane ride home since it was just Riley and I but she was an absolute angel, it was her best flight ever. She got many compliments, I was even stopped in baggage claim by appreciative passengers. Chad met us at the airport and she was so happy to see her Daddy, her excitement and happiness was absolutely priceless. And I'm now getting a break; after a week of Mommy-clinginess, she is all about Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment