Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18, 2010 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Bouncing!

Riley got all dressed up but was disappointed by the Illini failing to make the NCAA tournament.

She likes to help me cook

Our first trip to the Oakland Zoo with our friends Selina and Miriam

She turned her stroller in to a push toy while playing in the kids area

Cute in a floppy hat

This week Riley and I took our first trip to the zoo. The Oakland Zoo is just 15 minutes from our house and it’s a nice, small zoo with a fun kids area so we purchased an annual membership. We had a good morning walking around and checking it out. I haven’t been to a zoo in years so I was pretty excited to see the giraffes and elephants. Riley was much less impressed by the animals in the enclosures but loved watching the smaller animals: other kids.

I’ve become aware of how much she is picking up just by watching us. This week she got hold of my hairbrush and put it up to her head like she was brushing her hair. The bristles were turned away from her scalp but she clearly understood the general principal. She sometimes puts her toy phone up to her ear and mouth when playing with it. She has also started pointing or looking at Seamus and saying in a loud authoritative voice, “No!” Maybe we need to discipline the dog a little more calmly and less frequently?

Possibly the most proud moment of the week was our St. Patrick’s Day dinner. I made the Kelly family traditional meal of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes with ranch dressing (that’s what makes it a Kelly meal). She loved the potatoes with ranch and ate a fair bit of corned beef. In general she’s not too fond of meats; I usually have to puree them and disguise them in apples or something. But she loved the corned beef, our little Irish baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment