Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Its a girl!

Hello world!  I have big blue eyes and light brown hair.

Dad did a lot of diaper changes that first day while Mom rested.

She loves to open those eyes even on day 1!

We just couldn't stop holding her.

We even had a great view from our room on the 15th floor.

Our beautiful baby girl was born at 2:09 am on Thursday, February 5, 2009 in San Francisco, CA (just 2 hours after her due date, punctual little girl!). She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and measured 20 inches long. I had early, mild labor most of the day on Wednesday but was in complete denial because no one has their baby on their due date!  So by the time I realized what was going on and called Chad home from work, we had to get in the car for the 40 minute drive to the hospital.  We were blessed with a relatively problem-free delivery and were so happy to bring our daughter into the world.  Our surprise girl was Baby Freese for 36 hours until we finally named her Riley Anne.     

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable, but I would love to see mommy and baby....

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to see both of you, too! But no Amy, Riley doesn't want to be shipped to IL. Its too cold and snowy!

    ReplyDelete