Sunday, October 18, 2015

Tues. Sept. 1, 2015 - Riley's first day of 1st grade!


 At orientation Riley's teacher gave the kids sprinkles to put under their pillows to take away the first day jitters

 Riley's first day of 1st grade!


 Walking to school

 Its nice to have some familiar faces in her class: our neighbor Lauren and a friend from Daisy Scouts, Hailey


 Aunt Amy is here!


The childhood joy of swinging




 Playing with Great Grandpa John


Obviously I haven't kept up with my weekly blogging. I'm sure you can all understand that I've been a little busy with first days of school, the twins' first birthday and fall activities. Also, I usually put the blog together at night after everyone has gone to bed and these days, I fold laundry every. single. night. But I'm going to try to catch up and get back to weekly updates.

This week Riley started first grade. Its so nice to have a year under our belts so we all know what's going on. We met her teacher, Mrs Heinz, at student orientation and she is very kind. She gave all the students bags of confetti to put under their pillow to help take away the first day jitters. There will also be a very enthusiastic student teacher, Miss Gregor, for the first 16 weeks of school so the 24 first graders will have extra attention. Riley is looking forward to the year!

Grandma Cathy, Aunt Amy, Great Grandma Charlotte and Great Grandpa John arrived midweek to help make preparations for and then celebrate the twins' first birthday. We are very excited for this milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment