Stretching at the beginning of gymnastics
Running into the foam pit
Balance beam
The girls love to tackle Daddy
Riley received a science kit from Aunt Amy, Ph.D.
Mixing citric acid and sodium bicarbonate makes bubbles!
Showing the experiment to her sister
Making pretty colors by altering the pH
Sisters!
On Friday Riley went to her first solo gymnastics class. We had done a parent-tot class in CA when she was 2 that she still remembers. When I gave her the options of swim, dance or gymnastics lessons for the winter (its cold out so I'm keep us busy and active with indoor sports) she chose gymnastics. I stayed to watch the first class to make sure she did OK and it was very entertaining. Her 2 teachers are very enthusiastic and good with the kids. Riley is certainly out of her comfort zone when doing physical activities and the teachers had to keep her moving along the circuit and encourage her to jump into the foam pit. Despite being timid at the new things she was learning she had a great time and can't wait to see Mr. Tyler and Ms. Jen at the next lesson.
Riley received a kids science kit from Aunt Amy and we did a few experiments this week. Finally I can use all those years of school and training! We started simple and mixed chemicals to create a bubbling solution that changed colors. She really enjoyed it and was very careful with her measurements and pouring. As usual the real challenge was keeping Micaela aka Godzilla from touching, eating and spilling the experiment. We all definitely had a fun morning. This may be the best Christmas present I, um I mean Riley, received!
Micaela is working hard at walking. She went from taking just a few steps at a time to walking halfway across a room. She has also added a few words to her vocabulary recently. "Hi" and Bye-bye" are used appropriately but her favorite word is "out," as in OUT of my crib, OUT of my carseat, OUT of my highchair. She makes her needs known. I am not looking forward to when she starts to say "no!"
No comments:
Post a Comment