We rode the train to San Francisco. Riley loves trains; if only everyone was so excited about mass transit.
After our busy holiday weekend we enjoyed a low-key weekend as a family. We rode BART (Bay Area Rapid transit) into San Francisco and did a little shopping, had lunch, and hung out in Union Square. Chad had a particularly busy week at work, so I planned fun Mommy and Riley activities to keep us busy. We went to Toddler Time at the nature center, shopped and lunched with friends, made rice krispie treats and created some art.
Riley's speech and memory continues to expand, I'm so impressed with her. I love hearing what her little brain is thinking, and she is not afraid to say what's on her mind. When I told her we were going to have lunch with one of her friends this week, she said, "Claire will be very excited to see Riley." Not that she's excited to see her friend, but the other way around. She is still asking when we are going back to Disneyland, apparently that was a very memorable trip.
Of course, this memory and speaking ability sometimes comes out at inopportune times. Chad and Riley were riding bikes this weekend and Chad taught her to ring her bell and say, "Get out of my way everybody!" Today at the grocery store I was pushing her in the cart down a crowded aisle and what does she say? "Get out of my way everybody!" The looks on the other shoppers faces was priceless. Shock and amusement at this adorable little girl telling them to make way. Needless to say, I ran down that aisle as quickly as I could, completely embarrassed.
No comments:
Post a Comment