We had a lovely Mother’s Day weekend. Riley woke up bright and early Sunday morning, probably to wish me happy Mother’s Day. My first gift of the day was Chad took her downstairs to play and eat breakfast while I slept in. Aaahhhh. We also went shopping; Chad chased Riley around the store while I tried on clothes. He also grilled me an excellent dinner of filet mignon and strawberry-rhubarb cobbler (yes, that was grilled too). It was a relaxing, wonderful day.
Riley and I have had extra bonding time this week while Chad has been away at Kingsford business meetings. These meetings are in Memphis and happen to coincide with the annual “Memphis in May” BBQ competition, so he works hard during the day but eats excellent BBQ at night. Riley and I have kept extra busy this week with our monthly Toddler Time at the nature center, library hour, trips to the park and fun with friends. He’ll be home tomorrow afternoon and we can’t wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment